The North American Maria Thun Biodynamic Almanac
North American Maria Thun Biodynamic Almanac
Published by: Floris Books
Imprint: Floris Books
The 2023 Maria Thun Biodynamic Almanac adapted for North American (EST) times. The original, and still the best, biodynamic sowing and planting calendar, now in its 61st year. Shows the optimum days for sowing, pruning and harvesting plants and crops.
The 2023 Maria Thun Biodynamic Calendar, adapted for North American (Eastern Standard Time) dates and times.
The original biodynamic sowing and planting calendar celebrates its 61st year with detailed planting, tending and harvesting information to help you maximize the yield and flavor of your crops and plants. Trusted by generations of farmers and gardeners, this is the ultimate biodynamic calendar.
The new layout features:
- A clearer, easy-to-view layout making it simpler to plan what to do and when
- More space dedicated to detailed explanations of the recommended activities to help you get the best from what you grow
- New information panels make it easier to use
- Clearer headings and sections for faster look-ups
- More detailed planting, tending and harvesting information to maximize the yield and flavor of crops and plants
- Redesigned to work for both seasoned farmers and beginner gardeners
- Printed on recycled FSC paper using plant-based inks, which reduces chemical emissions and makes this almanac easier to recycle
- Solar and lunar events, plus information on planetary aspects, are given dedicated space
This useful guide shows the optimum days for sowing, pruning and harvesting various plants and crops, as well as working with bees. It includes Thun's unique insights, which go above and beyond the standard information presented in some other lunar calendars. The almanac is presented in color with clear symbols and explanations and includes a pullout wallchart which can be used as a handy quick reference.
This trusted sowing and planting almanac will become a reliable companion for both seasoned growers and beginners, to help you get the best from what you grow.
'This annual publication is the book for those who want to farm and garden biodynamically. There are useful notes for new readers and a number of special features, including this time the care of bees with monthly notes for beekeepers, how to work with biodynamic preparations, a recipe for rye bread and answers to questions from readers concerning potato and tomato culture.'
– Paradigm Shift