An inspirational and beautifully illustrated book that pushes novel fashion designers and students to create their own collection.
An inspirational and beautifully illustrated book that pushes novel fashion designers and students to create their own capsule collections—a fashion collection based on one single design concept. Through these creations the reader will learn the necessary elements that any collection should have and how it should be presented in a portfolio. The techniques used in the book range from watercolour to collage, as well as digital tools. Creating a collection is a process that requires much thought and organization, with different steps to be considered. First of all, it is necessary to find a concept, a theme that structures the designs of the collection and from which the creations are developed. It follows a moodboard, an inspirational collage formed by images, text and samples of materials prior to the design of the collection, which then leads to the actual drawing using the illustration technique of one’s choosing. This is a book from which aspiring fashion designers will be able to draw the inspiration and skills needed to launch their own collection by the renowned illustrator Claudia Ausonia Palazio presenting sixteen examples of capsule collections, each with a different concept and rendered using various illustration techniques.
• Defining the elements which make it possible to realize a collection: moodboard with reference images, contents, uniformity in technique and choice of silhouettes.
HOW TO DESIGN A COLLECTION
• What is a moodboard and what it must contain?
• Various examples of moodboards.
• What is a silhouette and how to choose it to best represent the line of inspiration?
• Various examples of silhouettes.
• Tips on the most common techniques used in developing collections; Pantone, tempera, watercolors, pastels, collages ... etc.
• Examples of illustration techniques
• How to layout professionally to better present your own work
• (Capsule collections including max. 12 pieces complete with moodboard and graphic layout)
COLLECTION IDEAS – Circus. Japan 3d. Minimal black and white. Denim architectures. Modern autarchic. Jim glamor. New street style. Fur coats: frosty fashion. Animalier. English wool. Tapisserie. Red carpet. Dentelle. Walking writers. New hippie. Far west style. Sailor glam. Stars in the night. Elegance of black.