Daily journal for children aged 9-12 to promote self-knowledge, confidence, happiness and emotional well-being.
Children love to explore, born with a boundless desire to understand the world around them. While most of the outside world has already been mapped, there's a whole other world that has yet to be discovered, one that's accessible only to them: their own minds.
The Book of Me is a guided journal promoting self-discovery in children ages 9 to 14. With beautiful illustrations by Ben Jarvis throughout, the book takes readers on a journey inside themselves, helping them explore their mind, moods, imagination, bodies, and relationships.
Written in a warm and engaging tone, The Book of Me helps kids create a rich and unique self-portrait through fun exercises, including:
- Keeping a mood diary
- Writing down what emotion a song makes us feel
- Making up new words and their definitions
- Channeling Picasso by drawing an object or person in a new way
- Using shared knowledge to make friends
By writing, drawing, cutting out, and coloring in, children can begin to untangle the mysteries of existence and work out who they really are-and who they might become.
Combining psychology, philosophy, and sheer fun, The Book of Me introduces children to the vital art of self-knowledge, showing how it can help us grow into calmer, wiser, and more rounded human beings.
- OVER 50 FUN ACTIVITIES AND EXERCISES for children to help them develop their self-awareness.
- EMOTIONAL LITERACY encourages children to explore how they think, feel and experience the world around them.
- ENGAGING ILLUSTRATIONS BY BEN JAVENS encourage kids to creatively explore mind, body, imagination, moods, relationships, and future.
- PAPERBACK WITH FLAPS for kids on the go.
***What readers are saying:***
"This book is very inspiring for young children who want to take themselves on adventures and accomplish dreams. It gives you an idea of what your life will be like when you grow up. It makes you want to picture your life in the future and it gets your mind racing with ideas. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone but especially those looking for an adventure." – Goodreads review
"Have you ever considered keeping a journal but not really known where it might be best to start? The look is over for The Book of Me is just what you have been looking for. A guided journal complete with spaces for you to record thoughts and feelings and plenty of information, facts, figures and of course illustration as well as colorful pages." – Armadillo Magazine